TERMS OF BUSINESS
All Wills, Will Trusts, and Lasting Power of Attorney grants are provided by College of Will Writers and Countrywide Tax and Trust Corporation trained Wills and Trust specialist Paul Blackmoore (ASWW)
Stand alone Probate Trusts, certain other Discretionary Trusts and the reserved aspects of conveyancing together with severance of tenancy arrangements have been/are provided by Countrywide Tax and Trust Corporation Ltd, Smith’s Law LLP (SRA 400292), Legacy Legal Services (SRA 592228) and other specialist Solicitors as required working in compliance with the Legal Services Act 2007.
Probate services are provided by Probate Specialists Cameron James Legal in partnership with APS Legal & Assocoates who are members of THE INSTITUTE OF PROFESSIONAL WILL WRITERS and comply with the TSI approved IPW CODE OF PRACTICE
Interest free payments can be made over 4 months on the balance left on all initial purchases over £400 where a 50% deposit has been paid
Interest free payments can be made over 12 months on the balance left on all initial purchases over £800 where a minimum of 10% deposit has been paid.
In line with UK Government legislation, from 13th January 2018 we will no longer be passing on credit card fees levied on us by credit card companies.
One of our advisors will meet with you without any charge or obligation and will listen to your wishes and the concerns that you have regarding your estate planning and will go through with you who we are, how we operate and what you can expect in terms of our service and fees and will recommend certain products and packages that will ensure that all your wishes are met and you are completely protected in all areas. It is quite common at this point for our advisor to recommend a number of packages to you for consideration which could range in price from £100s to £1000s. Clients are under no obligation whatsoever to take any of our packages and are free, should they wish, to simply opt for a basic Will instead. Clients are always free to choose as many or as few of our recommendations as they see fit. If at the end of this initial meeting you decide that you would like to proceed with an instruction for a Will or another one of our products or packages our advisor will take your instructions and payment there and then. If you would like time to consider your options then they will make a second appointment with you to come back at a convenient time to take your instructions from you. At the second appointment (or first if you have elected to do so) you can tell our advisor what option you have decided to proceed with and they will then take down all the relevant information required from you to enable the full draft for your chosen products to be commenced (which will usually within 24 hours of instruction) after which they will ask for the appropriate payment which can be paid by cash, bank transfer, debit/credit card or a deposit and up to 12 month's interest free credit.. Your draft documents will usually be received by you between 2 and 21 days after our advisor’s final visit depending on the complexity of your case and the number of external agencies involved. At this stage you are free to amend it as many times as is required until such time as you are happy with its contents. Once you have indicated that the content of your documents is acceptable to you they will be sent for printing. When ready to be signed if you have paid for a Will witnessing service you will be called and advised that your documents are ready and will be asked to arrange a convenient time to attend one of our local offices with any elected Trustees or Attorneys to ensure that all documents are signed and witnessed correctly. If you have not ordered this service then your documents will be sent to you by recorded delivery highlighting where you and your own witnesses should sign. If you have ordered copies they will be given/sent to you at this time also. If you have elected to have your documents stored and are using our witnessing service (recommended) our representatives will take them with them after being witnessed to be stored accordingly and where a postage only option without witnessing has been elected your documents will be sent to you by recorded delivery and a reply paid envelope provided to return them to us if we are storing them. Documents can also be collected in person from any one of our offices upon prior arrangement and production of the appropriate ID.
1. The services provided to you:
- Thy Will Be Done (Spain) Ltd (Spain) Ltd will prepare or have prepared all legal documentation for your documents in accordance with the confirmed verbal and written instructions provided to our advisor during your appointments.
- We will usually commence work on processing your documents within 24 hours of receiving your signed instructions. The drafting process including proof reading is usually completed within 2 days of taking an instruction. As soon as your respective draft(s) are complete it/they will be sent to you to read through at which point you can advise of any alterations that are required. This process repeats until you are satisfied and have confirmed that everything is in order, at which point your final legal documents will be ready to be produced.
- Once your legal documents are ready for signature and witnessing you will be advised and a suitable time arranged to come into one of our offices for a document witnessing appointment or they will be posted to you by recorded delivery for you to sign and have witnessed yourself if you have elected our postage option. Alternatively they can be collected by prior arrangement from any of our offices. Where we are producing LPAs for you one of our legal document witnessing services must be chosen.
- The Consultant will offer you the opportunity to store your documents. If you opt for this service, your documents will be taken away once signed and witnessed by ourselves (if you have opted for this service) and held for your
Executors/Trustees/Attorneys in our storage facilities. A reply paid envelope will be sent to you with your original documents within which to send back the signed and witnessed copies if you have opted to have them witnessed yourselves. This envelope will then need to be taken to the Post Office and sent back to us by recorded delivery.
2. What you will receive from us:
- Your final legal documents.
- Memorandum of wishes, Statement of Assets, Expression of Trust wishes (where applicable)
- Probate price guarantee, storage and registration certificates, deed of severance paperwork, (where applicable).
- Glossary of terms.
Please note that where required it is your responsibility to provide us with an accurate valuation of your property and similarly if we establish that your property is not already registered on the Land Registry you will need to either get this rectified yourself so that we can proceed or pay us to do this for you. Our fees for this service are on our fees page
3. The cost to you:
- A full list of our standard prices which include V.A.T will be left with you after your initial consultation and are always listed on our web site, however we will always write to you after our initial consultation with you and advise you of that which we are recommending together with the total price including V.A.T. The full cost of whichever option you choose to proceed with will also be fully explained and agreed with you during your final consultation with us and a receipt will either be issued to you immediately upon payment or sent to you once your payment has cleared.
4. Alteration to final legal documents:
- Any amendments to your final legal documents will be made without further charge where such amendments are required as a result of an error made on our part in their production after you have proofed your drafts for printing so long as we have been notified in writing (including electronic mail) within 6 weeks of you receiving your documentation. If you have proofed your drafts for printing and then find an amendment is required this will incur a charge.
5. Rights of cancellation in compliance with the Consumer Contracts (information, Cancellation and Additional charges)
Regulations applicable from 13th June 2014
- You have the right to cancel your instructions within fourteen days (including bank holidays and week-ends) starting on the day you receive your Notice of Right to Cancel i.e. The day you sign our instruction form.
- Cancellations must and can only be communicated in writing by the client(s) themselves and either sent by post/delivered in person addressed to Cancellations Team 46 Goring Road Worthing BN12 4AD or sent by e-mail to email@example.com. Verbal/face to face, telephonic, text or e mail cancellations to or with any other member of staff are NOT accepted as valid mediums by which to cancel and MUST NOT be relied upon as such. Cancellations cannot be accepted from friends or family on behalf of a client unless they are in possession of a registered Lasting Power of Attorney document for property and finance for all signatories concerned.
- The Cancellation Notice form provided within our promotional packs may be used to exercise this right and can be delivered in person, by email or sent by post – in which case you should obtain a Certificate of Posting or Recorded Delivery slip. You are advised to take a copy of the cancellation notice before returning it to us.
- Your cancellation is deemed to have been served as soon as it is delivered in person, posted or, if you have sent an email, from the day the correctly addressed email is sent to us.
- Where you have confirmed at the point of engagement and signature that work may commence before your cancellation period expires we will usually commence work on your case within 24 hours of receiving your signed instructions to do so irrespective of whether a signed drafting process form has been received or not.
- We would make you aware therefore that if you then subsequently cancel in accordance with your rights, or your Executor cancels your instruction following your death no refund will be able to be given for work already carried out up to the point we receive this notice.
- Refund payments will be determined in accordance with our published standard or package fees as applicable.
- No refunds can be given for any products/services cancelled after the 14th day of the cancellation period or where a client has died after the 14th day of the cancellation period.
- We anticipate that you will always be pleased with our service, however, should you be dissatisfied for any reason, please put your complaint in writing to Complaints Team, Thy Will Be Done (Spain) Ltd (Spain) Ltd, 46 Goring Road Worthing BN12 4AD or firstname.lastname@example.org. The Management reviews any complaints on Tuesdays and Fridays and you will be contacted in writing usually within 2 working days of the review of your complaint.